- Enhances skin tone and texture
- Less recovery time than traditional laser resurfacing
- Requires little to no recovery time
- The laser is gently rolled across the skin over brief treatment sessions. (Frax Pro)
- Your skin is treated with a matrix of laser pulses that vary in intensity, depending on your skin type and desired treatment results. (CO2RE)
- Lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage, such as brown spots or “age spots”
- Rough & uneven skin texture
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Pitted acne scars and pock marks
- Raised keloid and hypertrophic scars
How does CO2RE laser skin resurfacing work?
It utilizes dual laser waves that can be adjusted to treat both the superficial (epidermis) and deep (dermis) layers of skin simultaneously.
Is CO2RE laser skin resurfacing safe?
Yes. The CO2RE laser really is the “gold standard” in skin resurfacing. It is FDA cleared for more than 90 uses across many medical specialties from aesthetics, to dermatology, gynecology and more. More than 52 million patients have had wrinkle reduction treatments with the CO2RE laser, and more than 15 million patients have received CO2RE pigmentation treatment, with another 15 million having CO2RE scar reduction procedures.
What are the advantages of CO2RE laser skin resurfacing?
CO2RE is a powerful and versatile, yet gentle, fractional CO2 laser with energy waves that can be adjusted for each patient, to treat both superficial and deep skin tissue simultaneously.
As a result, CO2RE is faster, more comfortable and requires less recovery time than traditional laser skin resurfacing.
Am I a good candidate for CO2RE laser skin resurfacing?
CO2RE fractional laser resurfacing is ideal for almost any man or woman who desires either smoother and/or younger-looking skin without the prolonged downtime of older laser treatments. Ideal candidates for CO2RE treatment have mild, moderate or severe sun damage, age/dark spots, wrinkles and lines, rough skin texture, unwanted pigmentation or visible scars.
How many CO2RE laser skin resurfacing treatments will I need?
Typically, patients achieve the skin resurfacing results they desire after only a single treatment.
When will I see results after CO2RE laser skin resurfacing?
Initially results will become visible once the skin has healed from the procedure. For light treatments, this typically only takes 2 to 3 days. Deeper skin resurfacing treatments may require up to 2 weeks of healing, before the initial improvements appear.
The skin will look softer, smoother and have less unwanted pigment. And, over time, the results will continue to improve for several months, as the skin regeneration process takes place.
Lines, wrinkles, age/dark spots, scars and uneven skin texture will continue to show improvement for up to six months as the body produces new collagen and elastin and repairs previous skin damage.
How long will CO2RE laser skin resurfacing results last?
There are a number of factors that will determine how long CO2RE skin resurfacing results will last including the patient’s age, genetics, overall health, lifestyle and how well the patient cares for their skin after treatment.
However, wrinkle reduction results can last several years. And improvement in the appearance of scaring and pigmentation is expected to be more or less permanent!
What is the recovery period after CO2RE laser skin resurfacing?
Immediately following the procedure, patients experience a sensation similar to a sunburn, that will dissipate in several hours.
For lighter treatments, recovery can only take a couple of days, while deeper and more intense treatments may need 10 to 14 days to heal completely. Peeling of the dead skin cells from most treatments will begin after about 4 or 5 days, and the natural exfoliation may continue to last for 7 to 10 days.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone’s, retinols/retinoids, aspirin, Tazorac, Differin, and Vitamin E products for 3 days before your treatment.
- Clients should come to their treatment with a clean face and no make‐up on.
- Avoid extended sun exposure or tanning for 1 week pre & post treatment.
- Clients who are darkly tanned or sunburned should wait at least 2 weeks before being treated in order to avoid additional skin damage.
- If you are prone to cold sores, take an anti‐viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment.
- Clients who have used Accutane within the last 6 months CANNOT have laser skin resurfacing.
- Avoid waxing for 1 week before and 4-8 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone’s, retinols/retinoids, aspirin, Tazorac, Differin, and Vitamin E products for up to 5 days post treatment.
- Discomfort can be relieved with cool compresses or acetaminophen (Tylenol). DO NOT ingest aspirin or products containing aspirin until complete healing has occurred. To reduce swelling you may apply ice packs to the treated area. Ice should be wrapped in a soft cloth and applied for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When washing your face for the first 1‐2 days, do not scrub. Use a gentle cleanser with no acids.
- Showers are permitted but prolonged bathing is not advised. You may pat the treated area gently with a soft cloth but DO NOT RUB with a towel or washcloth for at least 3 days or until redness subsides.
- Apply a protective ointment to the treated area two or more times daily for 3 to 5 days. This process is critical in keeping the skin hydrated and preventing bacteria from entering the skin.
- It is imperative that you use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of at least 20 or higher and avoid direct sunlight for at least 7 days post treatment.
- Within 48 to 72 hours post treatment, you may experience flaking or peeling. This will generally last a few days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN.
- Do not have any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
Avoid swimming and contact sports while the skin is healing.